RSS

Heaven Under Your Feet - Pregnancy for Muslim Women


I came across this book whilst i was in a bookshop recently, and I wish it had been published before I was pregnant!

I crammed myself with info from western websites/videos about the whole preganancy/labour/birth and it would have been nice to get some islamic perspective on this major topic. There are three chapters in the book, You, Your baby and Labour & Birth. I like the fact that this book has duas in the appendix for this unique and special moment in your life that are relevant to you, your baby and the labour.

In another section of the book, the author, Umm Hasan bint Salim, discusses a list of useful islamic items to pack for the hospital, which includes zam zam - again something i wish i could have packed! 'The water of zamzam is whatever it has been drunk for' (Ibn Majah). Whatever dua we make before drinking zam zam is granted. Therefore we can make dua for pain relief, easy birth, relieve newborn of any problems after birth etc.

This book is packed with great islamic advice on pregnancy & birth, and I would recommend all new expectant mothers to purchase it.

'Heaven Under Your Feet' is available from all good Islamic bookshops and through selected online islamic stores.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Assalam aleikum wr wb sister.
Tabarakallah your blog seems very good mashaallah. I found it then I was sceaching for this book accually:):)
Anyways; Idont know if you know this book" Nurturing EEman in children", by Dr. Aisha Hamdan. I just completed it and I can strongly recommand it mashallah.
Eid Mubarak, Umm Muhammad Y.

Anonymous said...

Assalam Alaikum wr wb sister

Jazakallahu Khair for your advices..i was looking for some good islamic books on pregnancy as im expecting Alhumdulillah, and i came acroos this blog...thanks for sharing the info..

Anonymous said...

SubhanAllah! I also found your blog while searching for some info about this book :)
Thanks to Umm Muhammah for the "Nurturing eeman in children" books advice ;)
i will inshaAllah look into that as well..

halima

Post a Comment